Monday, December 27, 2010

The Coming Year

For about the last 4 years as the new year was about to start, I have been fortunate enough to hear from God as to what I should focus on in the coming year. For a couple of years in a row the message was getting back to basics--organizing, keeping a cleaner house, more family time, trying to grow some of our own food (think Little House on the Prairie). The year 2009 was a horrible year for me in so many ways even up to the end of December, but I knew in my heart that as soon as 2010 was going to start, I would have such a terrific year and it was. Also, this year it was concentrating on getting out of debt and that is still carrying into 2011.

Well, this week I was wondering if I was going to hear anything regarding 2011 and I did. God told me that this coming year was going to hold a lot of work for me. I can think how this will pertain in four areas of my life. One, my childrens' school work as Princess needs more help to try to catch up to where she should be (but thankfully she is making some strong strides) and Cool Dude has some more subjects being added and is being weaned off of working so much with mom to working more on his own. Two, we are working diligently fixing up our house. Unfortunately, we may not be able to enjoy all of the renovations because there is a possibility we may move in 2012. Three, my sister will be having a bundle of joy due in February and when she goes back to work I will be one of the main caretakers of the little one during the week. And four, my husband will be doing his second job of working with a community college, so that is more work for him (although he enjoys it), but it is more work on me too as that means more responsibility falls on me when taking care of the kids.

I'm not sure how I'm going to handle all of this, but I know I can. I think I'm going to be scheduling a few more spa days for myself throughout the year, and will try to go out and have a dessert with some friends more often. Of course, I know that I will have to be digging into the Word and talking to God more often too. And even though 2012 is too far away to really be thinking about, part of me is hoping that God will grant me that year some wonderful times of rest and relaxation--including a trip to Hawaii! I don't know what's in store for your coming year, but I really hope it's filled with lots of joy, prayer, and thanks. Happy New Year!

1 comment: