Sunday, December 11, 2011

MY ME Time

I needed, let me rephrase that: NEEDED, some me time lately. When you are a stay at home, homeschooling mom and this is your life 24/7, things can kind of get in a rut and you get the feeling that you're just going through the motions of it all. Usually when I get like this Hubby says, "Bye. Go do something and have fun." Then my response is, "I really want you guys to leave and let me just be at home by myself." I know there are plenty of you out there who understand what I'm talking about.

Well, I told Hubby that I was feeling this way and the next day he tells me that he has made arrangements to let me have some me time--at home! He has used some points and will check himself and the kids into a hotel room for a night. At this point I'm doing my usual, "But, you want to go hunting in the morning, and there are things to work on around the house, etc." He basically told me too bad, it was already taken care of, and I needed to enjoy my time. MY time!? Wow, I just don't get that very often, and so I told him that I was very happy to accept this generous gift he was giving me.

As soon as Hubby got home from work, the kids were all packed and ready to go on their adventure with dad. As soon as they left, I broke out into a song and dance in the kitchen--I'm not joking--and broke out some Chinese food, mashed potatoes (one of my comfort foods), and chips and melted cheese. Yep, that is what I wanted for my supper. Then, I watched two "chick flicks" I had wanted to see. I went to bed around midnight, but didn't fall asleep until 2:00. It's so hard falling asleep alone in this house. Then, thinking I would sleep in did NOT happen. I woke up around 8:00, so I only got 6 hours of sleep, but I wasn't feeling sleepy. In fact, I was feeling energized ready to have fun that day.

The first thing I did after getting ready was to treat myself to a free eyebrow wax. It was free at the salon I went to as long as you brought a canned good for the food drive they were having. This salon was in a downtown area that I don't get to very often where the houses are huge and old with so much charm and character, and some of the streets are brick, so I took the opportunity and drove through some of the neighborhoods admiring all of the houses and their outside Christmas decorations. Then, I needed to go to a store in the mall to get some of my favorite makeup foundation and I called them first to see if I needed to make an appointment for a make over. Yep, they were busy and couldn't get me in until 3:00. That was a little over 3 hours away.

So, on to lunch I went, then I checked out a shopping area on the opposite side of town that I don't get to very often. I went into several little shops and looked around and didn't even mind the hustle and bustle of shoppers. I tried on some clothes, and went ahead and stocked up on some Christmas items that were already marked down at one store. Then, I went to a fabric store that was having a great sale on Christmas prints and bought some material I needed.

Finally, I could head to the mall and get my make over done. There have been some new items created in my favorite make up line that I had been wanting to try. That was fun trying a couple of different items and shades I wasn't sure about. Yes, I bought my foundation, as well as some other make up, and it was all on sale!

Then, I came back home and soon the family got home and told me all about their adventures. Their hotel was on the opposite side of town which for our kids is something special because we just do not get that way hardly ever, except maybe a couple of times a year to go to a favorite kids pizza/play place. They tried a new Chinese buffet for dinner, but didn't care for it, then they went swimming at the hotel. In the morning they went with dad to work for a little while and the kids got to sit in a combine machine. Then they went to a favorite science museum/play place, and then to a movie. Dad really made their time together special and fun!

As for MY time, it was wonderful! I had so much fun and time felt slow, which is a good thing. It didn't feel like it went by in a rush, so I got to really enjoy it and let it all soak in. It was refreshing and relaxing. Once in a while we all need to be able to do this. I am feeling so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your husband is quite a guy. It was a wonderful time for you and for them. I'm so glad you got to enjoy this special gift.

    ReplyDelete