Friday, February 10, 2012

Prayer

I wrote the following prayer on my facebook page on January 10th and got a lot of good feedback from it. It seemed to encourage a lot of people. I needed it to encourage me again, and wanted to post it on this blog for anyone who might not have seen it before and I hope it encourages you.

Lord, help me to do the things I know you want me to do regardless of what others around me do or not do. Keep working on me to become more like you. Give me strength to soar when I am weary and feel like I'm going through days on autopilot and when I don't always have the support that I need to make it through my days. Help me to love more those closest to me and give me patience for those who frustrate me. All I want is YOU and your grace, mercy, patience, love, kindness so that I can turn around and offer that to others, even when I don't feel they deserve it, because let's face it, I don't always deserve it. You are my closest friend; thanks for always being there to listen to me when I need to vent or cry, thank you sooo much for your promises, and thank you for all of your little and big blessings!

1 comment:

  1. It was an encouragement to me as well. I wrote it out and put it in my Bible. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete