Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Did She Really Say That?!

Yesterday out of the blue while we were doing school, Princess says, "Momma, I like doing homeschool." After the initial shock wore off, I told her that I was glad to hear that and then I did a happy dance in my heart. You see, schooling with my youngest has not been easy. She struggles in several ways, and school can feel stressful to both her and I at times. We have really good school days, and we have really bad school days. I have learned to rely on God to give me patience that I wouldn't be able to have in my natural self, and I have learned to slow down and take my time with her. It is so wonderful to see her progress--yes, she is progressing, even though it may be at a slower pace than others at her grade level. But, that is one of the joys of homeschooling--we can work at the speed we need to work at, and I can focus on whatever subject she needs for however long she needs it. I know this is not everyone's path, but it was my calling, and I really like when I can see the perseverance pay off.

1 comment:

  1. Love this one! That Princess expressed her love of homeschooling. You shared one of the main blessings of hsing and expressed your joy for the process and progress. We all need to be reminded of those things from time to time.

    ReplyDelete