A month ago I went with a friend to see Laura Story and Mandisa in concert. If you don't know who they are, find a Christian radio station to listen too. I love their songs! Laura was the opening act for Mandisa and she was very laid back and funny. It was like you were sitting in her living room just chatting with her as she wears a t-shirt and jeans and talks about her life. Her music was calm and beautiful. She has an incredible story to tell of her husband having a brain tumor and the struggles they have gone through including him losing his memory for a time. He knew she was Laura Story from his church, but didn't remember they were married!
Then came Mandisa! She brought so much energy and power to the stage and you couldn't help but stand up and dance. In fact, at the beginning of the concert they showed a video to teach us some dance moves to one of her songs that we all learned and did together when she sang the song on stage. This night was mainly for ladies, but there were a few, but very few men there. A couple men came because they were bringing their daughters, and I don't know if the others came because they wanted to, or if their wives/girlfriends wanted them to come. It was such an estrogen filled room I hope they weren't too uncomfortable. But, it was so much fun and I'm glad I went. Such an uplifting and fun night.
No comments:
Post a Comment