Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Beauty

I love to see the tree leaves turn colors in autumn. We are mostly surrounded by yellow, though, and I long to see more orange and red. Last week the little tree in front of our new house started looking like this:

I was thrilled! It was absolutely beautiful. However, we didn't get to enjoy it for too long because we had a couple of days with gusty, gusty winds that blew all of the pretty leaves off the tree. But, if you look over the rooftop on the left side of the pic, you will see that our trees in the backyard are turning yellow adding more fall color to our landscape.

About a week and half ago, we had quite a bit of rain and saw this awesome sight driving home:

After admiring it for a few minutes, I decided to pull over on the road and take a pic. This pic does not do this rainbow justice. First, it was a double rainbow, and second, it was so much brighter than what this shows. Unfortunately, I was just a tad too late to get an awesome picture. Pretty none the less!

1 comment:

  1. I love fall. I think the tree colors are affected by the dry weather we had over the summer/fall. They are not as vibrant as some years.

    ReplyDelete