Wow! It's been a month since I lasted posted on this blog. I don't ever intend for it to be that way. I love reading my friends' blogs and when they don't post for a while, I miss it, so sorry to any of you out there who might feel the same way about this blog. I intentionally make my posts on this blog have to do with my walk as a Christian, and I make sure whatever I post goes along with joy, prayer, or thanksgiving. I guess this post will be about prayer, because in my mind it sure isn't joy or thanksgiving....
In the past month, I have been struggling with emotions and it all has to do with politics. I was so disappointed with the outcome of the presidential election. No, I am NOT an Obama supporter. I hate the things that have happened and will happen under his administration. Now, before you start spewing to me that I am a conservative, right-winged republican, I would like to tell you that I am a registered Independent voter. I have found there are usually some things I agree and disagree with in both political parties. Neither side is perfect, both make mistakes, but good grief--that describes us all.
After the election, I was literally sick to my stomach. I have never, ever, in the history of my adult life so far felt such an impending doom for the USA. We are no longer the country we were founded as. God has been removed from everything; and I get so irate when our politicians repeatedly say, "God bless America" at the end of their speeches, yet are creating laws and supporting organizations that are so blatantly trying to remove God from everything in this country.
There is no tolerance for Christianity anymore. I think people today think tolerance means we have to accept everything a person believes, instead of holding to it's true definition of respectfully allowing someone to have a differing opinion or belief without it turning into a major battle of words, or worse. I still cry in anguish sometimes to myself and God, "Where is the tolerance for Christians?" I really don't believe it exists any more. And if a Christian doesn't believe in same sex marriage, Obamacare, a holiday tree vs. a Christmas tree, etc., we are called hypocrites, unloving, and who know what else and yet those who are doing the name calling have such blinders on that they refuse to see that they in fact are being exactly what they are accusing us Christians of being.
I am sad for our country. I am sad for God. I am sad for my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ--and I mean the ones who truly know God and His word and know a relationship with the Holy Spirit. If you call yourself a Christian, yet don't have a clue what I am referring to, than I would question whether or not you are a really a Christian, and would encourage you to find a church that holds true to God. It sickens me when I see a commercial on TV of a church right here in my own city that says they don't believe that Jesus is the only way to get to heaven and they invite all Muslims, Jews, and other faiths to come worship with them. I believe it is a Methodist church. I am not kidding you--the pastor actually says this in his commercial.
God, You have your purposes for who you put in power. You tell us Your ways are higher than ours and we won't always know why. Your purpose may be to put somebody in power to bring down a country--you've done it before. Never in my life have I been so nervous for this country, or the true Christians that live here. And, I know I'm on the right thought process about it all because so many of my brothers and sisters in Christ feel the SAME EXACT way as me.
God, I'm at a loss. I admit that I am nervous for the future of this country that only You know the outcome for. However, I know that Your love casts out all fear. Help me and anybody else who is thinking the same as me to dig deeper into Your word and cling to Your promises that You will take care of Your people--and, yes I believe that means us adopted Christians as well as the Jews who you first claimed as Your people. I ask for wisdom, discernment, courage, protection, and Your Holy Spirit to shine through those of us who want to walk on Your narrow path and let Your light shine through. Let a great revival sweep through this country. Let Your people rise up and be heard so that You are not ignored and not forgotten in this country. Let this nation call on You and repent. If this is not Your plan than let Jesus come soon--better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere.
(For those of you who read this--thanks for letting me spew and share my thoughts. If you have any disagreements that's fine, but I don't want any cruddy negative comments posted. If that happens, just know they will be automatically deleted. This is MY blog and I'm going to say what I want to. Show me the tolerance we should all have towards each other and respectfully keep your opinions to yourself whether you are a Christian or not. I'm not worried though because I know not many people read this blog--but don't say I didn't warn you!) :)
You said it so well. It is a challenging time for us. I don't know which way it will go. But I am hoping and praying that a new Great Revival will come to this country.
ReplyDelete