Trying to be joyful always; praying continually; and giving thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for me in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Growing Wiser
I was at our Wednesday night group at church last night and during the discussion I realized that I have really reached an age of possessing more wisdom and maturity. There are some youngins' in our group and as I listened to them talk I kind of had to just be quiet at times and just smile. I kept thinking it wasn't that long ago that I was a youngin' myself thinking that I was all wise and mature. Now that I'm in my 40s, it is so neat to look back at that age and compare it to now. There were times last night that I just wanted to stop those young people and inject some of my wisdom and maturity into what they were saying, but I know that sometimes life experiences are the best teachers. I'm sure if there were people in their 60s in that group last night they might have been quiet and smiling at me thinking that I still needed some more life experiences to continue in my wisdom and maturity. All I know is that the old adage is right: "If I only knew then what I know now." But, that's not how it goes. Learning and maturing is a lifelong process, and I have to say that I'm glad I'm still around to continue in that growth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment