Thursday, November 14, 2013

I'm Back, and I'm Thankful

Wow! I've taken quite a hiatus from blogging, but I needed it. But, now that we're back into the swing of things as far as a school schedule, activities schedule, and daily schedule are concerned, I've got some personal me time during the day that I can get back into it. I'm hoping some day to have all of my posts published just for my family as a momento in years to come of my thoughts and days.

It's November and this month holds one of my two most favorite holidays--Thanksgiving! (And FYI, my other most favorite holiday is Easter). I find there is so much to be thankful for in my life, and yes, I owe all of that thanks to God. I began on facebook daily writing about something I'm thankful for, but then took a few days off from that. I want to continue (although not necessarily catch up) with that thanks. Here is what I posted so far:

Even though we have two houses right now, we took our time, calculated costs, and prayed and prayed some more and we know God led us to buy this house. There is not a day that goes by that I do not tell Him thank you for this house. I LOVE my house--the layout, the location, the yards, the trees, the neighborhood and neighbors. This is where I want to watch my kids grow up and I want to grow old in this house.




I am so, so thankful for my wonderful husband. We have been married for 18 years, but a couple for 24. He is still as nice, funny, patient, handsome, youthful looking, playful, giving, and hard working as when I first met him. This pic is from 1989!

 I am thankful for this handsome young man, my first born, my pride. He brings fun and love into my life and he's not embarrassed to give me a hug in front of his friends (even though I know that day will come). The following pic was from last Christmas.

I am very thankful for this young lady, my second born, my joy. She is beautiful on the inside and the outside and still loves to hold my hand and snuggle. This picture was from January.


Then I posted that I love to bake, but don't enjoy cooking, and that I thought the rubber spatula was one of the best inventions ever.

My next post was:
Well, I don't have a picture to add to my album of thanksgiving, but today I am thankful for God-given gifts/talents. Mine is teaching, Lauren's is dance/music, and Roger and Evan's is mathematical/engineering. Life is just so much better when you are able to recognize your gifts, operate in those gifts, and experience the fruits that come from those gifts.

Then we went to a Third Day concert and I posted a pic of the tickets (it was taken on my phone, so I don't have it to post here):
 Today I'm thankful for the gift of music. Tonight we get to go see the Christian group Third Day and let our souls be uplifted by their songs. Does it amaze anyone else just how many songs exist in this world, they're all distinctive, and new ones are made all of the time?

My next post was:
 Today I am thankful for me! Yes, God made me! There are some workings weaved into me that I've been naturally born with and I can't help myself sometimes. I am most definitely a Type A Personality (ambitious, rigidly organized, highly status conscious, can be sensitive, truthful, impatient, always try to help others, take on more than they can handle, want other people to get to the point, proactive, and obsessed with time management). I soooooo appreciate those people who get me and aren't afraid to take me on and work with me.

I took a few days off, but posted this today:
 Today I am thankful for homeschooling:
Computer Skills: First draft of letters written on the computer to our sponsored children in Honduras and Bangladesh. Also got to play around with font sizes, colors, inserting clip art, cutting and pasting.
Spelling: Correcting spelling errors in letters.
Composition: Final draft of letters written nicely on lined paper.
Geography: Looking up/reviewing Asian and Central American countries on map.
Art: drawing pictures to include in sponsored childrens' letters.
Now, we have to do math and science.
That is how we roll in homeschooling!


Hopefully, I can keep the momentum going and keep posting until Thanksgiving right here on my blog. Until tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment