I had a dream last night that I woke up remembering this morning and wondering what it all means. Yes, I believe that dreams speak to us for a reason sometimes. It might be from stress, fear, worry, or even God speaking to us. In my dream a friend of mine and I were performing sign language to the song "I Can Only Imagine." I don't even think this friend of mine knows sign language, and what we were signing and performing was what my daughter's dance class signs to this song. We were out in a field signing to a small group of family and friends. Then we were inside a house and I don't quite remember if we were mourning the death of someone, or a missing person. What in the world?! Weird!
Who knows why my mind put all of that together. Was I thinking about my friend? Was I missing someone we both know? Was I just sad about something, and grieving something, maybe about our friendship? Will there be something that will be happening in the future that this dream is preparing me for?
Here's what I do know that may possibly be some clues...
The field in the dream was like a huge space of countryside. I had been talking to someone about how my Plains state of so much countryside is my home--I love it.
A few friends of mine have talked to me about their families moving or not feeling at home like I do in my state.
I heard Son's and Daughter's Kids Church sing to this song this past Sunday morning. I think hearing this song reminded me of Daughter's dance class and them dancing and signing to this song.
For whatever reason(s) all of these things came together and became a memorable dream for me. I think once I add up all of the clues:
That I was thinking of my friends who would be moving or aren't happy here and I felt sad for them, and maybe sad for me for those who might be moving--thus, the mourning or grieving part of the dream.
As far as the song choice goes, not sure about that. Could it be that I was having a hard time "imagining" people not loving my home state as much as me, or trying to imagine what it would be like to move somewhere else? I love the part of the song that says "When all I will do is forever, forever worship You." Perhaps because I heard this song on Sunday and it was so fresh in my mind, that I was thinking these friends will be great no matter where they move because they trust God? Yes, those are definite possibilities.
Lastly, since I have seen Daughter's dance class perform this so many times, I'm sure that was just naturally included in my dream.
They say we dream but don't always remember them. I remembered this one. One think about this dream that I just love is the fact that I woke up with this song on my mind and in my heart. Guess I'll be singing it all day today. And, in case you've never heard it, I'm adding a video of it below--remember to turn off my playlist so you can listen to the video. Enjoy!
This is one of my favorite songs! I've told hubby that he better have it sung at my funeral. On that day I will no longer have to imagine. I will see Jesus with 2 good eyes. I'll be able to dance, to kneel w/o pain. The older I get the more I think about that glorious day.
ReplyDelete