Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Trying to Find Joy, Prayer, and Thanks In My Busy Life

I am so wishing to have some time for myself. Time to lay in bed and read a book all day, with absolutely no responsibilities at all would be the most wonderful thing to me right now. Time to be a little selfish just so I can feel like I'm catching my breath and relaxing. You'd think that would be somewhat easy to come by, but really it's not.

Hubby was on a missions trip to El Salvador for 9 days a couple of weeks ago, has been out of town for 2 nights this week, and has the possibility to take Son on two weekends of scouting activities this month (and I know they are doing one weekend for sure). What???!!!

Then there's the homeschooling, Bible studies, other church activities, and all of the other activities the children are in, and most of those family things fall on my shoulders. Not to mention trying to keep up with the housework and trying to be a supportive wife for the things my husband has to  or wants to do. Whoa!!!!

What are the first thoughts and emotions that run through my mind when I think about all of this? I don't think I really need to say do I? Or maybe I shouldn't say. What would you think and feel? Let's just say that I am so glad I have a God, a Heavenly Father, that I can gripe to if I need to for a while, but then He gives me the grace and patience and endurance to help me keep on keeping on with the things I have to do. He helps me to look at the big picture of my life and see the joy in it all, no matter how difficult things may seem, whether they be big or little issues. He hears me when I grumble, but then reminds me to be thankful and pray.

1 comment:

  1. One foot in front of the other...
    Busy days make the years fly by. I hate how fast it is going. I find myself sometimes just watching and trying to imprint my mind with some of the images of their adorableness. I don't always have a camera handy to capture the photos. I just wish I had time to scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete