Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dance Recital

Princess dances with a group called Jazz for Jesus. She has been doing this since she was 3 and is about to turn 7, so 4 years now. This group is very conscientious about the way they dress, the moves they make, and the music they dance to. I love this group and the founder/teacher. She and I have become great friends and her youngest daughter is the same age as Princess, and they have become great friends. Jazz has a winter recital and a spring recital every year. This past one in December was the best yet. She participated in 4 dances, but I just want to showcase one of the fun ones. The song she's dancing to is Fields of Grace by Big Daddy Weave. She's the cute blond in the front of the line on the right hand side of your screen. Here are the lyrics followed by the recital video (pause my playlist music at the top of the blog to listen to the video):

There's a place that I love to run and play
There's a place that I sing new songs of praise

Dancin' with my Father God in fields of grace
There's a place that I lose myself within
There's a place that I find myself again

Dancin' with my Father God in fields of grace
There's a place where religion finally dies
There's a place that I lose my selfish pride

Dancin’ with my Father God in fields of grace
I love my Father, my Father loves me
I dance for my Father, my Father sings over me

And nothing can take that away from me




Then, to top it all off, Cool Dude participated in a patriotic tribute. His role was to pretend to be a boy writing to his dad who is away serving in the military during Christmas. He is wearing a camouflage jacket and there is a framed picture of dad beside him. We had not told anyone, even Hubby, that he would be doing this. It was so moving with the sign language and the flags presented by one of the older girls in Jazz and two young men in ROTC. The song is I'll Be Brave This Christmas by Big Daddy Weave. Here are the lyrics followed by the recital video:

Dear Daddy, I missed you today
When Momma unpacked our old Christmas tree
And that sweet angel never looked so good on top
But my heart felt sad when you weren't there to lift me
It's been a while since you went off to fight the war
So this year it won't be presents I'll be wishing for


I'll be brave this Christmas
While you're still far away
And I'll kneel beside my bed each night
Praying Jesus keeps you safe
'Cause I'm so proud of you, I hope you come home soon
But until you do, I'll be brave this Christmas


I see bright colors light up the Wilson's house
While rockets flash across your evening sky
And we sing carols, ooh, all over town
While you're living out the cost of peace on earth tonight
But if another little boy can grow up just like me
Living in a land that's safe and free


I'll be brave this Christmas
While you're still far away
And I'll kneel beside my bed each night
Praying Jesus keeps you safe
'Cause I'm so proud of you, I hope you come home soon
But until you do, I'll be brave this Christmas

Freedom isn't free, there's a price to pay when duty calls
It takes sacrifice from us all


So, I'll be brave this Christmas
While you're still far away
And I'll kneel beside my bed each night
Praying Jesus keeps you safe

'Cause we're all so proud of you and I hope you come home soon
But until you do, I'll be brave this Christmas
Ooh, this Christmas I'll be brave

1 comment:

  1. We sure enjoyed the recital. And were surprised by Cool Dude's performance.

    ReplyDelete