Do you ever feel like you're living in a fog? You're going through your day and you're sort of going through the motions. Your happiness just isn't where you want it to be, yet your joy is. You're wondering how in the world you're making it through each day, yet you are. I'm going through a season like that right now.
There is so much going on in my life right now. I can't go into all the details, but boy is it a load. In the past, I would have gone into a depression crying, sleeping, feeling sorry for myself, angry, bitter, and more. But, ever since I've really come to do more than just believe in Christ, but to actually rely on Him and what the Bible says, I totally understand what it means to have joy even though you may not have happiness. I can't even describe it to you--you would have to try to live like this in order to experience this for yourself.
Do you believe that the mind is a battlefield? I certainly do! I think because of all the stuff weighing on me, the enemy is really attacking my thoughts. I wish I could be more specific but I just can't right now. All I know is that I am not getting through this fog on my own strength--it's God's and I am oh, so thankful!
Maybe I've mentioned before that I am terrible at memorizing scripture. Even though I work on it every week as I help my children study scripture for their awana program, and no matter how often I might read the same passage over and over in the Bible, it just doesn't stick. But, I got very excited tonight as I was thinking about all of this and I knew that there was a Bible passage that said: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I was pretty sure it was in the book of Philippians, so I got on biblegateway.com and tried to find it. I was right! I was just thrilled that I could even remember the fact that it was in that book! But, besides that, I knew that I was living, walking proof for this passage. If you find yourself living day by day in a little bit of a fog, put your trust in this verse and watch it happen! It'll feel like a miracle, and will bring you that joy in your soul that you need.
No comments:
Post a Comment