Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gggggrrrrrr!!!

Sometimes it is the most frustrating thing in the world when you simply don't feel understood. You try to reword things differently or come up with stories or word pictures to help you get your viewpoint across to whomever it is you are trying to get to understand how you are feeling, or what you are trying to say. When this isn't successful, you feel alone, lonely, sad, mad, bitter, depressed, etc. You just want to go to bed and numb your mind by watching TV, reading books, talking to God, or sleeping. You don't care about the dishes in the sink, dust everywhere, laundry that needs done, school work, the errands you have to run, other people and their burdens, ANYTHING. All you want is to cry, rant, rave, kick things around, people to stop everything they are doing and take care of you, or like me, sit on a beach in the sunshine and listen to the ocean waves crash on the shore. You want to feel taken care of with no responsibilities--even for just one day.

I expressed this on facebook yesterday writing this: " Isn't it frustrating when you so badly want just even one person to totally understand what you're feeling? People will fail you, but God NEVER does! Lean and trust on Him, no matter how difficult that can be." A dear, wise lady from church responded with this: " Always....but sometimes it's nice to have God with skin on." I had never heard it expressed like this before, but I love this! It's exactly how I was feeling! We know God loves us, and wants to help us, and knows how we are feeling. But, sometimes we want Him to literally wrap his arms around us and hug us, literally speak to us and give us encouraging words and advice face to face. I'm so glad she responded to my post (as did others). It felt good to know there were others who understood what I meant!

[On a different note...remember when I wrote here about having a hard time concentrating on a book I really wanted to read? After typing my post, the very next morning and since, I have had no problems! So happy! Praise God!]

I tried to come up with a song to go along with this post. This one is an oldie, but a goodie--enjoy! [Words are posted, followed by a video]

Circle of Friends sung by Point of Grace:

We were made to love and be loved
But the price this world demands
Will cost you far too much
I spent so many lonely years
Just trying to fit in
Now I've found a place in this circle of friends 


In a circle of friends
We have one Father
In a circle of friends
We share this prayer
That every orphaned soul will know
And all will enter in
To the shelter of this circle of friends 


If you weep, I will weep with you
If you sing for joy
The rest of us will lift our voices too
But no matter what you feel inside
There's no need to pretend
That's the way it is in this circle of friends 


In a circle of friends
We have one father
In a circle of friends
We share this prayer
That's we'll gather together
No matter how the highway bends
I will not lose this circle of friends 


Among the nations, tribes and tongues
We have sisters and brothers
And when we meet in heaven
We will recognize each other
With joy so deep
And love so sweet
Oh, we'll celebrate these friends
And a life that never ends 


In a circle of friends
We have one Father
In a circle of friends
We share this prayer
That it will not be long before
All will enter in
To the shelter of this circle of friends
That it will not be long before
All will enter in
To the shelter of this circle of friends


No comments:

Post a Comment