Thursday, February 24, 2011

I'm 40

Well, today was my 40th birthday. It was a pretty ordinary day. Homeschooling, took the kids to their YMCA homeschool fitness class, did dishes, baked my favorite honey wheat bread to use as french toast tonight. Oh, and let's not forget the yucky, cloudy, gloomy, cold, windy weather and my right rear passenger tire blowing out on me. But, looking beyond all of this, here is what was good: all of the cards, gifts, and well wishes from family and friends. All of the hugs and kisses and "Happy Birthday Mom" I got all day from the kids. My sister bundling up her newborn baby to go out in the cold to try to help me with the tire. My hubby coming to the rescue and changing the tire in the cold, windy, below freezing windchill, on the gravely, wet, sandy, country road, then coming home to make the french toast and bacon I wanted for my birthday dinner. These good things are what I want to cherish in my heart when I think of my 40th birthday in years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment