I am a Christian
I believe there is a God
I believe Jesus died for our sins and rose again
I believe Jesus is the only way to get to heaven--we only need to tell Him we believe in what He did for us and ask Him to forgive our sins
I believe the Bible is true and even relevant to us today
I have heard people talking and translating in tongues--it's not some science fiction weird thing
Just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean life is easy
We do have to go through tests and trials--they are a way of breaking us down and bringing us closer to God
We are not perfect
I probably sin every day--yelling at my kids, having a bad thought about someone, not using respectful words with my husband
There is evil in this world
I love Easter--even more than Christmas. Do I hear some gasps out there LOL?! No, really. Easter represents hope. Hope that there is an afterlife and it is in Heaven with God and Jesus. Hope that the Bible is true and some day there will be a new earth with no pain, sorrow, evil. I love that Easter is in the spring--my favorite season. I love how the yuckiness of winter leaves and the warmth of the air returns. Colors return and are so vibrant. There is a new revived feeling of energy. It makes me think of how heaven and the new earth will someday be like. It will be so awesome!!
I love this song by Rich Mullins and sung by Third Day called Creed. Watch the video after the words--Brandon Heath joins Third Day (pause my playlist at the top to hear the video). Here are the words:
I believe in God the Father,
Almighty Maker of heaven and Maker of earth, And in Jesus Christ His only begotten Son our Lord.
He was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
Born of the virgin Mary.
Suffered under Pontius Pilot
Where he was crucified dead and buried
[Chorus:]
I believe what I believe
Is what makes me what I am
And I did not make it,
No it is making me
It is the very truth of God
And not the invention of any man
I believe that He who suffered
Was crucified, buried and dead.
He descended into hell
And on the third day He rose again
He ascended into heaven
Where He sits at God's mighty right hand.
I believe that He's returning to judge
The quick and the dead of the sons of men.
I believe it, I believe it
I believe it...
I believe in God the Father,
Almighty Maker of Heaven and Maker of earth And in Jesus Christ His Only begotten Son our Lord.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
One Holy Church
The communion of saints,
The forgiveness of sin
I believe in the resurrection
I believe in a life that never ends
No comments:
Post a Comment