Sunday, May 15, 2011

Confirmation

Have you ever had a decision to make and just didn't know which way to go? You were just wishing that someone could talk to you and something they would say would let you know if you were on the right path, or missing the marked path? That happened to me today...

For a few months now I've known that the next missions trip our church was going to be taking in September was to Europe, and I wanted to go right from the start. The more information I found out about it including the physical work involved, the accommodations probably not being as nice as the previous ones, and the fact that there may not be too much sight seeing, still didn't deter me from wanting to go. However, then I heard that no other women so far were signed up to go and let's face it, even though my husband would be with me, if I was to be the only woman it might be kind of awkward.

This past week this missions trip has been weighing on my mind. I kept getting the feeling in my spirit that whether or not I end up being the only woman, I still need to go on this trip. I had been meaning to talk to Hubby about it, but just never got around to it. Then today at church as I was waiting for service to start, the elder man who has lead these trips for many years came up to me and said, "I heard you want to go on the missions trip this year." I told him I did but that I had heard no other women had signed up to go so far. He said, "That doesn't matter. If you feel you need to go, than go because that is being obedient to the Lord. We'll take care of you." I told him that I did feel in my spirit that I was supposed to go. He said, "Than that's what matters. I took my daughter on a missions trip when she was 14 and she was the only woman on that trip." He was very encouraging and it all made me feel like I was on the right track of thinking regarding this missions trip.

Thank you God for sending me this confirmation through this long time respected leader of these missions trips. It all affirmed what I was feeling. Isn't it awesome when this happens? Now, I'm looking forward to preparing for this trip whether I'm the only woman or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment