Oh yes, He IS!
I tell ya, this has been a hard week for me. I am sharing some friends' burdens by praying for them; the fires in Colorado and the floods in Florida are so sad; the thought of having two mortgages is daunting (although we can handle that for a while--I just don't want it to be a long while before our house sells), and seeing my son becoming a middle-schooler is exciting yet kind of sad at the same time. I have been doing research on nutrition and am providing myself and the kids with different supplements in an attempt to regulate our bodies better, and get a little discouraged due to the lack of nutrition and safety the world's food today offers (organic vs. not organic, eating out, etc.). Then, I find out that our government is now going to MAKE us have medical insurance whether we want it or not and if we don't we will get fined for it. WHAT?!?!
Things are changing in this big wide world, and also in my little private world. I have been told not to worry, and I am not worried, but there is a little feeling of being overwhelmed by it all. At church we are studying a video series in my Wednesday night class and it discusses real, tangible evidence that has been found through archeological expeditions that support fine, detailed information in the Bible that proves these events happened and the Bible is not just a story book but also a history book. It's amazing and wonderful. We have had some powerful discussions about why in the past century these things have come to light. Could it be because it's time for more of the world's population to come to know about God, and that He is real, and about all of the things He has done for this world, and also what will come of this world? I really think that is a definite possibility.
Our God is a God of mercy and patience, but let's face it, He is also a God of justice and vengeance and sooner or later His patience will run out and the physical world and people will suffer because of it. Some days I pray for people who don't believe or have accepted Jesus as God's Son and our Savior to come to believe that and start living that way, but other days I pray for God to just come take His people home and deal with the rottenness of this world. It's a feeling of weariness, and sadness, and disgust, and on and on...
But, then I look around and see all that I have and am so thankful for it all. I asked my hubby the other night how it's possible I can be sad and thankful at the same time. It seems like a contradiction, but it's true. I am so thankful for everything we have but feel so sorry for people who don't have any of my blessings--even the basics like food, shelter, clothing, let alone money, friends, things. I have been able to discuss all of these things with different people and have found that a lot of other people have been thinking the same as me. It sure is nice to hear some conformation from others as well as their opinions and thoughts about all of the above that makes me feel not alone.
Then I saw this beautiful sight the other night...
That is the sun setting! I pulled to the side of the road to take this picture. I was in complete awe. Can you see how HUGE this ball of light and gases was? I have always had a fascination with space. It reminds me that there are so many things bigger in my life than my mind can even comprehend let alone have control over. But, I don't have to worry about it all, just deal with it. God IS in control of it all...
*He created the heavens and earth: Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
*He created the first man: Genesis 2:7, "Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."
*He has plans for us and wants a relationship with us: Jeremiah 29:11-13, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
*He gave us a Savior: John 3:16-17, " For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
*He gave us His words: 2 Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
*He is in control: John 16:33, " “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
No comments:
Post a Comment