Well, my 42nd birthday was today. We started out by going to one of my favorite doughnut places for breakfast. I kept eyeing that chocolate chip doughnut, but decided I would get my very favorite doughnut of all time, blueberry cake. We went to church and I decided I wanted to dress up. Thanks to the over 14" of snow we just received a few days ago, I finally got to wear one of my favorite warm winter skirts.
Normally on my birthday, I like to go to lunch at one of my two favorite restaurants: Olive Garden or Texas Roadhouse. But, I didn't feel like either of those. I finally settled on Longhorn Steakhouse because I absolutely LOVE their mac n cheese! Yummy!
After that we needed to run some errands. Once we got home, I immediately changed into my comfy sweats and declared I was taking a nap. After the kids had played outside and built a snowman, we had leftovers for supper and everybody sang Happy Birthday to me while I blew out my candle in a peppermint ice cream, chocolate cookie crust pie.
As I have thought about turning 42, I am so grateful that I am still here on this earth. God isn't finished with me yet--yay! I have been trying to remember 20 years ago when I was 22 and I can't...it seems too long ago. And, as I think about 20 years into the future, 62 doesn't seem so old any more unlike it probably did when I was 22. The old adage that time really does fly is so true. How did I get to 42 so fast?!?! I feel pretty young still. I think I look pretty good for my age, too. I am so thankful for my life, the people in it, and the things I have. I have been through some deep valleys, and stood on some high mountain tops. I have learned a lot, and love the wisdom that comes with age. Now, all I want to do is pass on that wisdom to my children and those around me. I am looking forward to this next year of life, and God willing many more to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment