Thursday, October 8, 2015

Moving Forward...

Wow! Nearing two years since I've posted anything to this blog. I guess I really needed a break from writing. What's drawing me back now? Probably the fact that this world is so messed up and I just want to vent about it LOL!

Our government is not following the laws of the this land--does the Constitution ring a bell elected representatives of the people? You are supposed to uphold the laws in that writing, not ignore them or try to change them illegally.

There are more and more shootings going on in this country and the government wants to take away guns. Those objects are not the problem--the people behind them are the problem. I was discussing this with my children the other day, and my 11 year old daughter asked, "How would we defend ourselves?" Exactly! She gets it. She commented that before I even mentioned our Constitutional right to own guns. She understands that guns are meant for 1) hunting, and 2) protection from those who want to do us harm. She and I have been diligently trying to get hubby to teach us how to use a gun. We need to learn and not be afraid of them. Instead, anybody trying to do us harm needs to be afraid of them.

I am frustrated with Christians in this world. No, none of us are perfect in anyway, but come on...the Bible specifically declares the act of homosexuality a sin, yet since our Supreme Court has declared gay and lesbian marriage a legal act, so many Christians have come out in support of all of this solely based on their argument that God loves everybody, so He loves gays and lesbians. True, but where in His Word does it say that He approves of this act? No where! His love for them does not trump His approval of this sin and finds it acceptable. Unfortunately, we have so many Christian believers in this world not even using the Bible as a basis for striving to be like Jesus--it's all based on feelings, not the Written Word of God.

Our media is so biased towards liberalism. They do not report facts anymore. They don't get both sides of a story any more. They go with the flow, and love to report on things that will get a strong reaction from people. Many times stories are exposed as not being truthful, but the general public is so stupid, even when the truth is right in front of them, they won't believe it.

I have made it a point to stay off of Facebook more often this year. My friends list is down to 60-some people. I don't post much any more. The other day, however, I did post the following:

 I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here since I have really limited my number of Facebook friends. I also know that sometimes I just need to vent and post things I hope some people will really think about and quite honestly I don't care how people will react or what they think of me. This is one of those posts...Has anyone else taken notice of their fb friends who automatically post things supporting things like gay marriage, freedom of religion meaning believe what and who you want to believe in, support for abortion and planned parenthood, etc., yet are completely silent when it comes to a tragedy of Christians being martyred on a college campus. Would these same friends have been in an uproar if it had been muslims who were targeted? Yes! I'm telling you brothers and sisters in Christ, if you are so naive that you think we are safe in this country and that God won't allow bad things to happen to us here in the good old US of A then you are part of the problem. Yes, we are supposed to be the nice ones who pray for our enemies, walk and talk in love to others, but that doesn't mean we are doormats and shouldn't take a stand against injustice. We have voices, brains, and rights, so we should speak, think, and stick up for things too. Just like in a church where 20% of the people do 80% of the work and that is wrong, have you ever thought that in this country 20% of Christians are doing 80% of the work to represent God's ideals? No, He doesn't need us to fight for Him, but we are not excused from doing what's right. Faith without works is dead. I pray that myself and family never have to be martyred for our faith. I am not ashamed to say that if I had to face something like this that I would be terrified, but I truly hope I would stand strong. How about you? This is a day and age when we need to take stock in being surrounded by fellow believers who can encourage each other, pray for each other, hold each other accountable, come together and do the right thing. Yes, being a Christian means having a one-on-one relationship with Christ, but let's not forget that it also means coming together as a body of Christ and working together whether in our churches or the United States of America. We don't have the media, or let's face it, most of the government on our side, BUT we have God on our side. Don't be stupid in thinking that means bad things won't happen to us, if you're truly a Christ follower than you know it will. In this period of time, choose wisely the people who you surround yourself with, even if it's only on fb and not in face-to-face life. Unfortunately, that may mean there will even be family you may have to depart from. Choose today whom you will serve, as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. God, I know that we are living in more perilous times for your people now. It's scary. It's worrisome. Those of us who have children are frightened for them. Those without children are frightened for loved ones. We all want to be protected from any tragedy because we are scared. You tell us not to live in fear, yet we are mortal and fear is real. Help us to find the right people to be in our lives who will keep us strong. Help us to keep others strong. Help us to hide your Word in our hearts to keep us strong, but to share it with fellow believers as well as those who are lost. Please protect me, my family, and all of my fellow true Christ believing friends from any horrific spiritual, physical, emotional, verbal harm, but if we have to encounter that, than please fill us with an impeccable courage and peace to either walk away, or take a stand. Help us to always be obedient to You. It's in Jesus' name I pray this. Amen

This is how I am feeling lately. I am frustrated, angry, restless. I just want people to be truthful. I just want people to do their best to live for God by using His Word as their guidebook. I want things to change. I seek peace from God; His peace that surpasses all understanding. I struggle with my thoughts and feelings towards people and things happening. Guess what...I need Jesus, and so do you. I need the Holy Spirit and so do you. One of my favorite things that I like is this little play on words: No Jesus=No Peace. Know Jesus=Know Peace. Jesus help us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment