No, I'm not a great singer, cannot really read music, and played one year of violin many, many, many years ago, so in other words, I'm not a musician. But, I love music, nonetheless. I grew up in the 1980s and have a fondness for songs from that generation, I like the 90s, and also 1950s music. But, my first choice for music is contemporary Christian.
My all time favorite Christian group is Casting Crowns. Their songs have spoken to my heart, soul, and mind like no other. Their song Lifesong has impacted me so much that our homeschool is named that, and. it's also the ring tone on my cell phone. My family drove to see them in concert in another state back in February--one of my life's goals and a dream come true. Maybe I've mentioned that before, but I just don't recall at this moment. I guess you can tell that I'm
a little obsessed a huge fan. Anyways, if you enjoy listening to my playlist as you check into my blog, you'll notice that Lifesong is the first song listed. Even though this song is a few years old, every time it comes on the radio, my kids chant, "Here's your favorite song mom!" I never get tired of listening to it, and all of the words are exactly what I want to say to God on a daily basis. I decided I wanted to type out the words for you so you can read them (I got them from klove.com). Better yet, click on the song above on my playlist and enjoy listening to the song as you read along. I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do, and that the next time you hear this song, you will sing along with true meaning and let it be a prayer from you to God!
Empty hands held high
Such small sacrifice
If not joined with my life
I sing in vain tonight
May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You
Chorus:
Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign your name to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You
Lord, I give my life
A living sacrifice
To reach a world in need
To be Your hands and feet
So may the words I say
And the things I do make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to you
Chorus:
(2x’s)
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Let my lifesong sing to You
Chorus: (2x’s)
No comments:
Post a Comment