Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blessed By Cool Dude

I have been pretty sick this week. The kind of sick where all things come to a halt and mom pretty much stays on the couch and has to take NyQuil just to get a good night's sleep. And, to make things worse, Hubby was out of town.

I have to say that I don't get sick very often, but when I am this sick, my kids do such a good job of being very well behaved. Last night I was so drowsy and just couldn't read to my kids before bed, and they were very understandable. As I tucked in Cool Dude and we prayed, I noticed he was nodding his head in agreement to my prayer of getting a good night's sleep and getting over my sickness. I felt so excited because I knew he was listening and really wanting what we were praying for. Then this morning he asked me if I was feeling better, and I was feeling so much better! I told him that I noticed him nodding his head during the prayer and that I so appreciated it and how I think he helped me get so much better.

He was very happy, and I was feeling very blessed. It is so wonderful when you get to see glimpses of these special spiritual growth moments in the lives of your children. Just as Mary treasured things and pondered them in her heart at the things she witnessed and heard about her son Jesus, I think this is one of those times that will always be imprinted on my heart.

1 comment: