Thursday, August 12, 2010

15th Wedding Anniversary

Oh, I just hate that it's been a week since I last posted anything; I never want it to go that long between posts. But, I have a great excuse--I was on vacation. This wasn't just some ordinary vacation, though. Hubby and I got to drive to Denver and drop Son and Daughter off with grandma and grandpa for a few days and then we contiued on to a town in the mountains for an anniversary vacation!

I don't think you realize what a special time this was for us. Son is our oldest at 9 years old and Hubby and I have never been able to have a special trip for just the two of us since he was born! Now that Son is old enough and Daughter is 6 and also old enough to leave with other people, we are hoping that more trips like this will be doable for us. They had a fantastic time with the grandparents and Hubby and I had a terrific time white water rafting, exploring a cave, swimming in a hot springs pool, and more.

Oh, I haven't mentioned the reason we did this: today is our 15th wedding anniversary! We have been together as a couple for 21 years, though--that's more than half my life I've know my Hubby. Of course, just as in any relationships, it's been a roller coaster ride at times. But, he is the most gentle, patient, kind, loving, best friend, soul mate in life I could have ever hoped for. My love for him as only increased as time moves on, and I can't wait for all of the years ahead of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment