A couple of posts back I wrote about Power based on 1 Corinthians 4:20; you can read about that here.
Have you ever read something and thought, that's great, but there has to be more to it? That's the way I was feeling when I decided to write about Power. Well, a couple of days later I read the following and am finally getting around to posting it--it seemed to be the perfect ending to Power. In 1 Corithinians 15 Paul is talking about what Jesus did and how He overcame death and that we who believe in this will all live and death has no power over us. Jesus can destroy sin, guilt, and death. Verse 58 says, "With all this going for us, my dear, dear friends, stand your ground. And don't hold back. Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for Him is a waste of time or effort." Message version. Yes, this is what I needed to hear that answered my feeling of there has to be more to Power. Do your best to live and work for God; it won't be in vain. Talk about a wonderful pep-talk from Paul!
No comments:
Post a Comment