Trying to be joyful always; praying continually; and giving thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for me in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Spotlight vs. Background
What is part of your temperament type? Do you not mind being in the background and even though you may do so much for so many people, it doesn't bother you when you don't get praised for it, or bragged about by a loved one? Or are you the total opposite and find that you need to be praised and bragged about often, not to feed your ego, but that's just maybe a type of love language, or you just don't want to feel like you're being taken for granted or invisible. I fall towards the latter, but lately I've been needing it much more and not getting it. I've had to remind myself that I need to do EVERYTHING for the Lord, no matter what I do or who I do it for. I may not get all of the uplifting, praising words I need to hear, so what do I do? Whenever I can I listen to praise and worship music. It uplifts my spirit and mood and helps me keep on keeping on doing all of the things I have to do. It helps me keep my focus on striving to please God, knowing that He will one day hopefully give me a big smile and say "well done, good and faithful one."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment