Did Jesus ever say He was like a breath of fresh air? He is our good shepherd, the light of the world, the King, our Saviour, the living water, the bread of life, but I don't think He ever said he was like fresh air. There are heavy duty things going on in the lives of some people close to me and I'm glad to be helping to carry the burden, but sometimes it feels like the air surrounding all of us is heavily saturated making it hard for every one to breathe. Do you know what I mean?
Have you been to Colorado? I don't mean Denver where literally a brown cloud of pollution can hang over the city, but up in the mountains where the air is fresh and breathable and you're not suffering from allergies. You feel like you are breathing in clean air, you feel lighter, your body feels healthier. That's how I picture Heaven sometimes. No, Heaven is not all of us floating on clouds, it will be earth where there is no death, no pain, no pollution, no sickness. It will be the opening scene from The Sound of Music movie where Julie Andrews is twirling around in a beautiful flowery meadow with mountains in the background and she is taking in all of the beauty, cleanliness, freshness. She seems to not have a care in the world. That is what Heaven will be like. Now I love the oceans and beaches and I always tell people when they are looking for me in Heaven they will find me on some beach. But, when I think of fresh air I think of the mountains.
If you don't believe in Jesus, or if you do and have never accepted what He did and asked Him to be a part of your life, how do you handle stress/worry/tension/anger/losing a loved one, job, hope? How do you breathe? Do you breathe feeling like you are being smothered and life is just choking you and everything is bad so you never catch a breath of fresh air? Or do you breathe knowing that this brown cloud will disappear and there will be fresh air to breathe--there is still hope and happiness waiting for you some day. I pray that you breathe the latter way.
No comments:
Post a Comment