In my last post I talked about needing some fresh air, and wondered if Jesus ever referred to himself as fresh air. Still not sure about that, but guess what I did read the next day in Philippians chapter 2 in the Message version:
Do everything readily and cheerfully--no bickering, no second-guessing allowed! Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night so I'll have good cause to be proud of you on the day that Christ returns. You'll be living proof that I didn't go to all this work for nothing.
That was Paul talking to his letter readers in Philippi. Did you catch the words in the second sentence--he is telling us to be like a breath of fresh air. I couldn't believe it when I read that because I was just talking the day before about needing fresh air; here I was reading about how I was supposed to be fresh air. I love everything about that passage above. Thanks God for giving me that passage that day and I'm doing my best to fullfill what is written.
No comments:
Post a Comment