I am so excited! The book I'm reading that I posted about a few posts back, The Secret of the Lord, helped me with a breakthrough a few days ago. The enemy had me thinking and feeling like I was the loneliest person in the world, although I knew that was not true. It was a battle of my mind versus my feelings and my feelings were winning. I had friends, and was doing fun stuff with my husband and kids, but it wasn't satisfying me enough, and I was jealous of what everyone else was doing instead of being happy about what I was doing. Then I realized what I was missing was not friends and fun stuff, but deep friendships--mentoring relationships with older (not necessarily old), wiser, godly women. For whatever reason, the "normal" women I have in my life can not be mentors to me for various reasons.
This is exactly what this book is all about--taking off our masks and being real with other people who fear (are in awe of and worship) the Lord. That's what I was missing in my life, that's what the devil was making me feel like I didn't have, and that's what the book helped reveal to me. No wonder I was shaking when I began this book--the enemy didn't want me to be broken of this stronghold. He wanted me to keep feeling lonely and not grow closer to other Christians, because that meant growing closer to God. Not this time devil--you lose and God wins!
Guess what? After this breakthrough, I've had people contact me to talk about things! Here I felt like I couldn't talk to anyone, and people are wanting to talk to me. Isn't God great? He's done this to me before--almost immediately after I've broken through some stronghold, an opportunity comes my way to turn around and help someone else struggling with the same thing. It's all so awesome!
I wanted to let you know that I am enjoying this blog. I'm blessed by the thoughts you share. It's challenging me in many areas.
ReplyDelete