I took some outgrown preschool things I had to a friend who is opening up her own daycare. Unfortunately she is dealing with a really bad situation concerning the job she is leaving. It's unreal the slander, mistrust, and the way they are treating her. What's especially sad is she is coming out of a Christian business. It is so sad to see these things happen to Christian environments, but it does. Sometimes there is nothing you can do about it, except believe that God will have his justice, and do something that is even harder for us humans to do and that is pray for our enemies.
While I was visiting with her, the business called her 3 times to discuss what is going on. So, I am actually a witness to what was said back and forth between my friend and this business, and I am not taking sides without knowing the other part of the story--I was there and heard everything that was said. During the first two conversations, I silently asked God what I should pray for and He said: wisdom, maturity, words, and doing the right thing--for both parties. Between the second and third phone call, my friend and I discussed what things she could say to this business to try to turn things around for the better. During the third call, she said things we discussed, and it actually started to turn things around--two of the three issues being discussed were resolved. We both witnessed God at work even though these phone calls were so very upsetting.
On the upside (remembering that this blog is about finding something positive), what turned out to be a 15 minute drop off things, chat, and run turned into a 3 hour time span of two friends connecting closely while we got to hear the giggles of our kids as they played together during all this time. There is no better thing to break up tension with adults then the sound of kids laughing and playing!
No comments:
Post a Comment