Trying to be joyful always; praying continually; and giving thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for me in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Monday, July 19, 2010
Friends
Everyone needs friends. I don't care if you are a man, woman, old, young, shy, or outgoing person--you need a friend. I am saddened by people who say they have friends, but not the type of friends that they can open up to and be real with when it comes to deep stuff. You have to have someone like that in your life, because sometimes family members just don't always work because they can be biased with you. You need someone who can give you advice that may not even be what you necessarily want to hear, but it's the truth and you will probably take it better than maybe coming from a family member. I think that this is so important and I pray that you all have at least one person in your life that you can open up to. But, you'll never know who that person may be until you decide to get to know them better; than you'll know if you can trust them with what's on your heart. Invite someone to lunch, to play mini-golf, or to your house to hang out with. Take that step even if it's uncomfortable and you feel nervous. It may turn out to be one of the best things you've ever done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment