Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dinnertime

You know, I really like being a stay-at-home homeschooling mom, but sometimes it is a very thankless job. I know that everyone is appreciative of what I do for them, but I don't always get the thank yous that I need to hear to fill me up so I don't feel like an ATM who is just being withdrawn from all the time.

For a while we have eaten dinner as a family in front of the tv, but for the past week I have made sure we are eating at the dining room table. It's wonderful! Tonight my daughter told me about 3 times that she really liked the supper I made. I was so happy! One, because she has been going through a stage of being kind of picky with her food and this was something new I made, and two because without her realizing it she was making deposits into me that I so needed to hear--and she wasn't prompted to do it. It just made my whole entire night!

No comments:

Post a Comment