Tonight's about prayer for me. I'm kind of sad because this is a year of giving up things for me: my Dove Chocolate business, purposely going to garage sales to buy things to turn around and try to make more money off of the item on Ebay, and possibly an anniversary trip. But, I believe it is true that when doors are closed, new ones open up. That being said though, it doesn't mean all of these things don't hurt a little bit. And why do they hurt? Because I had goals and dreams I wanted to see happen with all of these things.
The Dove Chocolate business is an awesome thing, but for some reason it is not taking off here in Kansas. And after two years, I'm ready to quit. I was hoping that I could make some money doing that job, but it just hasn't happened yet--not the kind of money to make a difference for my family. Ebay I will continue doing, but not to the point of spending my time to go to garage sales every week; I'll just sell things here and there. Probably every season after the kids outgrow their clothes. The anniversary trip may still happen, but it's doubtful. The kind of trip I wanted is being given up in order for Husband to go on a missions trip out of the country. We still might be able to have a little vacation, but not the kind I was dreaming of.
I'm just praying that because I know giving up these things is the wisest, best decision for me, that it means God will bless me in the coming year for being obedient. Yeah, maybe my life may not be the roughest compared to other people's, but this is my life, and these are some dreams and goals that I have to watch die. We all know that feeling.
But because this is supposed to be an encouraging blog, and I'm supposed to try to see the glass as half full, I will post one of my all time favorite Bible verses to raise my spirits. Jeremiah 29:11-14 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all of your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile".
I can not tell you how many times I have leaned on that verse and watched it come true. I am choosing to believe it again right this instance, and if you are wondering about things in your life, maybe you should believe in this verse as well. I'm sure it will bring you peace just like it does me.
I am happy to say that the anniversary trip can happen! It just needs to be planned and paid for! I love you sweetheart!
ReplyDelete