Today was a stressful day. I found out at church that a member that was not very old passed away from a stroke, Hubby stayed home this morning to continue the slow, hard work of putting up our above ground pool, my thigh muscles are sore, I got splinters and the beginning of blisters on my hands from using the shovel and wooden-handled wheelbarrow, and the Sunday School study this morning was personal and deep as we discussed relationships that need to be initiated, nurtured, resolved, and severed. Whew! All of this before 2:00 in the afternoon.
As I was shoveling sand in the heat I was thinking and thinking about everything and how I was going to let it all effect me and how I was going to react to it all. On top of that, I was sweating from every pore in my body getting sticky and stinky which was helping to build up my irritability. I kept talking to God asking what should I think about all of this, what should I do. Before I knew it, I let out a laugh! A laugh? I didn't even feel that coming on, it just happened. Well, I guess it's better than stewing in negativity, whining and complaining, or fighting the urge to curse under my breath (which I don't do--but you get the idea). Wow! What a great stress reliever. It was a little laugh that I'm not even sure Hubby heard, but it helped relieve some of my emotional stress. It was definitely what I needed at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment