Trying to be joyful always; praying continually; and giving thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for me in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
I Am Who I Am
God gave me my temperament. I am a choleric/melancholy--if you have no idea what that means, go ahead and look it up. I studied the temperaments and find it all fascinating. Anyway, as with every temperament there are good qualities and bad qualities. People have said they wish they could be like me, and I just stare at them in disbelief thinking, "Are you kidding me? I wish I was more like you!" There are many things about myself I wish I could change, but I can't. I actually don't pray for God to make me a different person, but there are times I do ask why He made me this way. I just pray that He help bring all of the good qualities of my temperament out to the open and help me control the bad qualities. Do you know the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. I find the two I most pray for are patience and self-control. Which fruit do you need to pray for more of?
Labels:
choleric,
fruit of the spirit,
melancholy,
prayer,
temperament
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment