Trying to be joyful always; praying continually; and giving thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for me in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Friday, June 11, 2010
First Post
I'm so excited to be starting this blog. But, I had such a difficult time deciding what should be my first post. God, Jesus, my husband, children, what??? Then, all of a sudden, after many days of thinking, I had a DUH! moment--the Bible should be my first post. After all, the verse by the blog title was my inspiration for taking on this project. I am sooooo thankful for the Bible. It gives me such support for every area of my life, it is relevant to today, it helps me see how God and Jesus used ordinary people to do extraordinary things even though every single one of those people still messed up in their own lives sometimes while doing God's work, and the list could go on and on. I do my best to read it every day, and find that I miss reading it if I fall behind even one day. If you're new to reading the Bible there are so many translations out there and I would suggest finding one chapter in the Bible and reading it in different translations to determine which one you like the best. It's such a wonderful, wonderful book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment