Thursday, June 17, 2010

Joy Comes in the Morning

Okay, I'm feeling so much better today after yesterday's post. I got to talk and cry to my best friend Hubby last night. I was feeling like I didn't have anything to call my own, and that my job as stay-at-home homeschooling mom was not very significant. I know that's lies, but that's what I was deeply feeling. Today I woke up ready to declare the verse that says "Sorrow lasts for the night, but joy comes in the morning."  Mind you, I'm not the kind of person who can spout off Bible verse references; I'm the kind of person that says somewhere in the Bible it says this. Then I have to go to a Bible verse look-up site on the internet, punch in the key words, and it finds the passage for me. So that's what I did.

I knew the verse I was looking for was in the Old Testament and it is. It's Psalm 30:5b. But, guess where else it popped up at? The New Testament! I never remembered it here before. In the Message version, in Luke 6:21 it says, "You're blessed when the tears flow freely. Joy comes with the morning." In other translations it says "Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh." Sounds pretty much like the same thing to me, so I'll take it.

I want to give a shout out to a few of my friends who emailed me or commented on my facebook about yesterday's blog post. Thanks for understanding what I was feeling. Thanks for the encouraging words and prayer. I'm thankful that my blog helped you because you may be going through something similar. As someone pointed out, this is a season. It sure is. Patience is not my strongsuit and it is something I pray for all the time, but waiting on God helps me acquire more of that.  I'm going to enjoy my job for as long as I have it, but let's be honest, there will be trying days. But, that's when I'll rely on God, Hubby, and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment