I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart. Where?
Remember that Sunday School song? Well, I have a ton of joy in my heart today and it's showing on my face. My son had his soccer awards ceremony tonight. My daughter was doing her best to endure the entire hour and a half ordeal. There were times that were boring for her, but then there were times that celebrated her brother and it is so heart warming to see her be her big brother's biggest cheerleader. She is the sweetest spirited child I have ever known.
After the ceremony the coach sent son to come and get us so he could talk to us. My husband was thinking he wanted to ask if son would play the 3 on 3 game that was going to take place this weekend because son is a pretty good player. I said he liked son and wanted to ask if he would be playing again next year and would like to be his coach again. Coach told us that son was one of the best players he's ever had in his years of coaching and not just for his playing abilities, but also because of his encouragement and interaction with the other players on his team and the other teams. Kind of like a team captain would be. I'll admit son definitely possesses those qualities, but he also has a competitiveness about him that he is learning to control so that as he gets older and into more competitiveness playing it might get him into some trouble. But, for a coach to call us parents over to deliberately tell us this about our son just made my heart soar!
As a side note, this is not the first time someone has pulled us aside to tell us something nice about either of our children. As a stay-at-home homeschooling mom who is with her children 24/7 it is so nice to hear. Let's face it, they are still kids who have their trying days, but for the most part the days are great. They are wonderful kids who have huge hearts for God and it is awesome to see the Spirit move and mature them. I feel like I got a huge bonus for my job--a job that doesn't pay money, but pays in joyfullness!
No comments:
Post a Comment