Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Lift My Eyes Unto the Hills

I am thankful for worship music. Are there times when you just can't express what you are feeling, but a song can do it for you? All of the music by Casting Crowns does that for me. I love this group and the music they write and sing. It's like they wrote it all for me. I got to see them in concert this past February for my birthday and it was a thrill of a lifetime--you know, one of those things that is on your list of things to do during your lifetime. If you listen to my songs above on my playlist there are several of their songs. I've been singing a phrase today from their Praise You In This Storm song..."I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." Although God may not be able to physically put arms around me to give me a hug, or show His face to me with an understanding smile, He is always there to listen to me. That is huge because I can say anything I need to and He will listen; whether it be venting, lamenting, or praising. Boy, have I talked to him today--have you? He's there waiting to lend an ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment